8. 1. In order to receive year end awards you must be a paying member of Atomic Motor Raceway or Pocatello Raceway. If you race both tracks, you will have to be a member of both tracks.
2. All members agree to abide by and accept the officials decisions.
3. NOBODY may enter the pits prior to signing the waiver each race night. No person may sign the waiver for another person.
4. Consumption of alcohol or drug use by the driver or pit crew member is prohibited before and during racers event.
a. any driver showing signs of alcohol consumption or drug use prior to or during a race will result in disqualification for the night, a $500 fine and possible suspension.
5. No driver changes will be allowed without notification to the officials. Notice MUST be given to the race director and is at the discretion of the officials.
6. DRIVER IS SOLE SPOKESPERSON FOR HIS CAR AND CREW IN ANY AND ALLMATTERS PERTAINING TO THE RACE. Pit crew, fans and family are not allowed to confront the officials, race director, promoter or track owners. Violations of this rule will result in a loss of points for the night and a $300 fine.
7. If a driver is found to be intentionally hitting another driver on the track or in the pits , at any time, the driver will lose all points for the night and a $500 fine.
8. ANY fighting in the pits by drivers or pit crews during or after races will result in a $250 and a possible ban from entering the pits.
9. If a driver and/or pit crew member are found to be verbally or physically abusing officials or race promoter will result in the driver losing points for the night and $250 fine for each person involved.
10. UPSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT AT THE TRACK, ONLINE OR ON SOCIAL MEDIA IS SUBJECT TO A $250FINE.
ALL cars must remain factory stock-these cars are intended to be CARS THAT WE RACE, NOT RACECARS.
1. ELIGIBLE CARS
1. Any 3 or 4 cylinder car with maximum wheelbase of 103 inches with a complete stock engine, body, frame and suspension for that year, make and model.
2. Examples of cars to fit this class: Neon, Storm, Corolla, Nissan Sentra, VW Golf, VW Jetta, Saturn, Cavalier, Sunfires, etc.
3. No sports cars.
4. No DOHC cars, No rotary engine cars, No mid-engine cars, No turbos allowed.
2. CAR WEIGHT (Pending class approval)
1. All weights will be evaluated with driver in driving position. All minimums must be met at all times.
2. All cars must weigh a minimum of 1 lbs per CC of engine displacement with a minimum weight of 1500 lbs.
3. Cars will be weighed before the start of the race.
4. Once weighed, any car returning to their pit will be weighed again before allowed to race.
5. Added car weight must be painted white, or highly visible silver, with car numbers included in block form (no Pellets), and must be securely fastened in the center rear floorboards of the car.
3. GENERAL BODY REQUIREMENTS
1. A full windshield, in good condition, is recommended. Lexan or poly-carbonate may be used in lieu of standard safety glass when cage has halo and front A post supports.
2. Safety belts must be bolted to the cage as per manufacturer’s recommendations.
3. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
4. A window net must be installed according to safety rules.
5. All door window glass must be removed.
6. Headlight, taillight, and parking lamp covers must be removed and covered.
7. If dash has been removed, spreader bars, A posts, and halo are required. Otherwise dash must remain stock for that year make and model.
8. A master battery disconnect switch mandatory. The switch should be mounted so as to be accessible from inside and outside the car, being accessible from both sides.
9. When cutting fender wells for tire clearance, original openings must be followed and rear wheel wells retained (can be patched if damaged). The top fender lines must be uncut with no bubble above.
10. Stock hood must be used. Inner hood support may not be removed. Rear deck inner support may not be removed. Both hood and rear deck must be secured with pins and factory hinges. All cars must have hood and deck lid in place to compete.
11. All cars must run a bumper strapped to the frame or fenders to prevent hooking
1. No modifications, alterations, or additions allowed.
2. No performance chips, aftermarket tuning, or programing allowed.
1. Stock carburetor/fuel injection system for that year, make and model required.
6. ENGINE/CAR COOLING
1. Radiator must remain stock in stock location.
2. Radiators must have a stock catch can.
3. Ducting to cool the radiator is allowed.
4. The top of the cooling fan must have stock covering to prevent accidental body contact with fan.
7. IGNITION /ELECTRICAL
1. Battery may be relocated to behind driver’s seat. Battery must be in approved marine type battery box or the like, subject to board approval. The battery box must be secured to the car with bolts, straps or both.
1. Stock exhaust system for that year, make and model required.
9. DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock transmissions and other drive train parts for that year, make and model required.
1. Stock suspension for that year, make and model required.
2. Springs may NOT be cut, heated or changed and must meet factory original specs.
3. Spring rubbers, twisties, wedges, and any other spring stiffening/softening device are NOT allowed.
1. Maximum wheelbase allowed is 103″ inches. Cars must run wheelbase as specified by original manufacturer.
1. Stock steering must be used.
2. Center of steering wheel must be padded with at least 2″ inches of resilient material.
13. FUEL AND FUEL CONTAINERS
1. If stock gas tank is forward of rear axle, it may remain in place.
2. If stock gas tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a fuel cell.
3. Any gas tank may be replaced with a fuel cell.
14. WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Passenger car tires mandatory on all 4 corners.
2. Wheels must be stock of any make.
3. All 4 wheels and tires will be of the same size (example 205/60/16)
4. No alloy wheels
5. Factory ride attitude must be maintained.
6. Made for racing Tires not allowed. No performance tires.
1. No bracing anywhere except inside the drivers compartment.
2. Roll bar hoop with 2 kickers allowed directly behind the driver. Or, roll bar hoop with halo, front a post supports, and door bars allowed as per safety rules.
3. Front loop for radiator support is allowed. Must remain forward of centerline of front spindles and cannot extend more than 2″ in front of radiator, or as per tech approval.
4. Nerf bars OR door plates may be used. Material for Nerf bars must not exceed 1 1/2″ 0.095 steel round or 1” x 2” box tubing. Nerf bars allowed between front and rear tires. Nerf bars cannot exceed 2″ inches from original body lines. Ends must be rounded or rolled (no sharp edges).
5. Driver side door plates recommended.
16. MANAGEMENT CLAIM
1. The claim is in effect at all times and the claim amount is $1200.00 for the entire car.
2. Seat and belts may be removed at time of claim. ALL other components may not be removed.
1. One-way radios are mandatory, receive only.
2. When used, Drivers must be able to hear Race Control
3. Spotters not allowed.
All general and safety rules apply to this class. Some rules in this class may be more stringent than the general or safety rules. The term “STOCK” as referred to in this section is defined as original equipment, manufacturer (OEM), parts that are mass produced and sold for use in production vehicles. Limits not to exceed what the OEM’s specifications and limits are as produced in general production automobiles. Aftermarket parts are allowed but must be to manufacturer’s specifications and materials. All specifications have been reviewed and approved by drivers in each class in order to achieve an even field of competition between all drivers in each class. No changes will be applied unless fully reviewed and approved by drivers and management. Type your paragraph here.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you or your team have questions about building a car, or you need
an explanation of a rule please contact your Class Rep. One of their jobs is to work with you.
Just because it isn’t in the rules does not make it legal!! If there is a question,
Ask first! Save yourself time and Money!!
1. ELIGIBLE CARS
1. Any 4 cylinder compact car or truck with a maximum 104” wheelbase. Must meet all other rules outlined. No sports cars (Miata’s, Fiero’s, Camero’s, Eclipse’s) B. Engine must be located in front. No mid or rear engine configurations. No AWD or conversions
2. CAR WEIGHT
1. Weight rule of 1lb. per CC of actual engine displacement. Will be measured with all fluids “race ready” and with driver.
2. Cars will be weighed before the start of the race.
3. Added car weight must be painted white, or highly visible silver, with car numbers included in block form (no Pellets), and must be securely fastened in place.
3. GENERAL BODY REQUIREMENTS
1. Original dimensions of all car bodies must remain as manufactured except changes which may be necessary for tire clearance. Fenders may not be altered other than for tire clearance. Any car not appearing stock may be penalized or not allowed to compete at the discretion of the tech.
2. Body must be stock. Aftermarket noses are allowed. All cars must have complete bodies, hoods, fenders, and bumpers in good condition at the official start of the race. Body may not be offset on the centerline of the chassis.
3. A full windshield, in good condition, is recommended. Lexan or poly-carbonate may be used in lieu of standard safety glass.
4. Safety belts must be bolted to the cage as per manufacturers recommendations.
5. All doors must be welded or bolted shut. Stock floorboard must be complete from the rear package tray to front firewall. Driver must be well shielded from tires and driveline. The car must have a stock front firewall in stock location. All holes must be patched. Rear firewall must completely protect driver from fuel cell and rear tires.
6. Radiator supports are allowed. Material will be no larger than 2″ schedule 40 or equivalent. Nose hoops are recommended but are not to be built as battering rams.
7. Spoilers must be a , solid, non-adjustable part of the body, which controls the flow of air over one surface only. A front spoiler may be used with tech approval. The optional nonadjustable spoiler must be installed a minimum of 3″ behind the lower trailing edge of the bumper and cannot extend over 2″ below the lowest point of the frontal area. Front spoilers, as well as all of their support brackets, must be mounted perpendicular to the ground with no bends or breaks. All support brackets for front spoiler must be mounted to the rear of the spoiler. A maximum 5” tall rear spoiler is allowed.
8. A window net must be installed according to safety rules. All door window glass must be removed. Lexan may be installed in the rear quarter windows on cars that come with a standard window post.
9. Headlight, taillight, and parking lamp covers must be removed.
10. Dashboard must be installed so as to not to block driver’s vision. Rearview mirrors are not allowed. A master battery disconnect switch mandatory. The switch should be mounted so as to be accessible from inside and outside the car, being accessable from both sides.
11. When cutting fender wells for tire clearance, original openings must be followed and rear wheel wells retained (can be patched if damaged). The top fender lines must be uncut with no bubble above.
12. Stock hood must be used. Cutting allowed for air cleaner. Inner hood support may be removed but outer U-channel must remain. Rear deck inner support may also be removed. Both hood and rear deck must be attached with pins, hinges, bolts or quick release. All cars must have hood and deck lid in place to compete.
13. All cars must run a bumper strapped to the frame or fenders to prevent hooking. 0.095 pipe or box steel bumpers are allowed, but must be covered with stock appearing bumper covers. The bumper is not to be used as a push bar or battering ram. The bumper must remain in standard location for make of car in reference to height and distance to body panels.
1. 4cyl engines with maximum of 2500cc. (2.5L) No Turbo, Superchargers, NOS or other power add-on’s allowed stock or otherwise.
2. Engine must be located in stock location and is to remain manufacturer to manufacturer. Forward or rearward moving of the engine is not allowed.
3. Engine mounts may be reinforced. Motor mounts must remain in stock location.
4. Engine block must be factory a production block. Aftermarket are prohibited.
5. Cylinders may be bored up to 0.060 over stock.
6. NO OTHER MACHINE WORK ON SHORT BLOCK
7. Rods, crank, and heads are to be OEM to engine used.
8. ARP bolts are acceptable.
9. No strokers.
1. All pistons must be stock and stock to engine used. Pistons may be dished or flat top. High performance, high compression, or ultra light pistons are not allowed.
1. Heads are to remain stock production cast iron. Limited to 4 valves per cylinder.
2. Titanium valves are not permitted.
3. Port matching or flow work is not permitted.
4. Heads may be milled 0.060 for clean up only.
5. Three angle valve jobs permitted. Stone or grinding marks are not permitted above the bottom of the valve guides. Surface where the cutter or stone has touched must not be polished.
6. Hand grinding or polishing is not permitted on any part of the head.
7. Any external modifications, internal porting, polishing, or relieving is not allowed. Screw in studs are allowed, factory or aftermarket.
1. Crankshaft must be stock to engine used. Must be standard steel or cast production design OEM.
2. Crankshaft cannot be knife edged, undercut or drilled to lighten crankshaft.
3. An aluminum pulley is allowed.
4. Balancing Rotating Assembly is allowed. Crank may be turned for cleanup. No aftermarket rods.
8. CAMSHAFT, VALVE LIFTERS, AND ROCKER ARMS
1. Only steel camshafts are allowed. No rollers cams are allowed. No dual cam engines, VTEC, VVT or other variable valve systems. Only steel lifters allowed. Rocker arms must be stock. No roller rockers permitted. No Solid Lifter cams allowed.
2. Maximum lift, as measured at the valve not to exceed .480
3. Valve lift checked at valve prior to racing.
9. INTAKE MANIFOLD
1. All cars must run a stock intake manifold. These manifolds must remain as manufactured. Port matching or flow work is not permitted. Grinding or polishing is not allowed. High performance or aftermarket equipment is not allowed.
2. May use adaptor plate to convert fuel injection to carb.
1. O.E. 2 barrel or Holley 2300-4412, 2 barrel carburetor is allowed. A maximum 1″ aluminum or phenolic spacer may be used. The choke may be removed. Other alterations are not allowed. Choke tower may be removed.
11. AIR CLEANER
1. Tubes, funnels, or any device which may control the flow of air is not permitted inside the air cleaner and carburetor.
12. ENGINE/CAR COOLING
1. Radiator must remain in stock location. Aluminum radiators, aluminum water pumps, and radiator dust screens are allowed. Radiators must have a catch can.
2. Ducting to cool the radiator is allowed.
3. The top of the cooling fan must have some type of covering to prevent accidental body contact with fan.
4. Electric fans are allowed.
13. IGNITION /ELECTRICAL
1. Only battery-powered, camshaft driven, distributor type ignitions allowed. Magnetos, crank trigger, or dual point systems are not allowed. MSDS box or similar is not allowed.
2. Alternator may be used but not required.
3. On-board computers, automated electronics, record keeping devices, or digital readouts are not allowed. A memory tach is allowed.
4. Battery must be relocated to behind driver’s seat. Battery must be in approved marine type battery box or the like. Subject to tech approval. The battery box must be secured to the car with bolts, straps or both.
14. OILING SYSTEM
1. Aftermarket stock appearing pans. Crank scrapers, dry sump systems, external oil tanks, remote filter systems, or engine coolers of any kind are not allowed. Oil must be added from engine compartment only. The oil pan may not be modified for extra oil capacity.
2. Stock pumps only. External oil pumps are not allowed.
1. Stock manifolds or headers permitted.
2. Thermal wraps allowed. Exhaust must exit behind driver. If brought through car, must be wrapped with thermal wrap and covered with minimum 20 gauge metal.
3. Mufflers required. The exhaust will be a maximum 2 ½” OD.
16. DRIVE TRAIN
1. Stock OEM clutch or replacement required and must be steel disc type assembly. Only steel flywheels permitted. Must be stock diameter.
2. Aftermarket lightweight flywheels will not be permitted.
3. The ring gear must remain the same size as standard for engine being used.
4. Transmission can be automatic or standard shift but must be stock OEM and in stock location with no gears removed or modified. Must have two working forward gears and one working reverse gear. If automatic transmission is used, a working torque converter is required. Transmission cooler for automatic transmissions only is allowed.
5. Locked differentials are allowed. Only steel axle housings permitted. No cambered rear axle housings will be permitted.
1. No holes may be cut in frame rail to lighten the vehicle. All frames are subject to tech approval. Any frame rejected by tech for showing poor workmanship will not be allowed to compete until necessary changes have been made. Frame and front clip must be stock OEM for car being used. Front and rear clips may be connected through upper roll cage only but no shortening or lengthening of front and rear clips is allowed. All repairs must be tech approved.
2. Minimum ground clearance of 4″ inches must be maintained on frame rail below driver’s door. Measured with driver in car.
3. Front Cross member must be stock and remain in stock location. No cutting of cross member at all.
4. Nerf bars may be used. Material for Nerf bars must not exceed 1 1/2″ 0.095 steel round or 1” x 2” box tubing. Nerf bars allowed between front and rear tires, in front of front tires, and behind rear tires. Cannot exceed 2″ inches from original body lines. Ends must be rounded or rolled (no sharp edges).
1. All suspension must stay in stock location.
2. Either rear coil or leaf springs will be allowed, no rear independent suspension. Only cars that came originally with leaf springs may use leaf springs, and cars which came with coils must use coil springs.
3. Springs may be cut, heated or changed, but must remain in stock location. Transverse coil spring mounts are not allowed. Weight jacks are allowed in rear only. Multi hole shackles, adjustable spring spacers and soridson sliders are allowed.
4. Stock style shock absorbers only. Air shocks are not allowed. Tie-rod end shocks are not allowed. Stock shock must mount in stock location and be non-adjustable.
5. A-arms must be stock OEM to car used. Lower A- arms must be stock to production car used and mounted in stock location. Offset spindles are not permitted. Spindles must be stock OEM to chassis being used. Strut mounts may be slotted for camber/caster adjustment. No cutting or welding of mounts.
6. Any one piece Anti-sway bar. Any mount is allowed and it may be adjustable.
1. Maximum wheelbase allowed is 104″ inches. Longer wheelbase trucks must be approved by tech. Cars must run wheelbase as specified by original manufacturer. When measuring wheelbase, one side must meet wheelbase per chassis used. The opposite side wheelbase is allowed a maximum of 1/2” tolerance.
1. Stock steering to chassis must be used. Only listed changes are allowed. Quick release steering hub allowed. Steering column must be collapsible or unsupported u-joint. No straight through columns allowed. Center of steering wheel must be padded with at least 2″ inches of resilient material.
1. Brake cooling is allowed. No proportioning valves or bias adjusters allowed. B. No rear disc conversions permitted.
22. FUEL AND FUEL CONTAINERS
1. No Alcohol allowed.
2. Fuel cells mandatory, and must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be encased in a container of no less than 20 gauge steel.
2. Must be recessed in trunk.
3. Must be located as far forward and between frame rails in trunk.
4. A steel firewall of 20 gauge minimum must be located between the drive and trunk area.
5. Must be secured with 2 steel straps which measure a minimum of 1″ wide by 3/16″ thick securely bolted to mounting frame for cell.
6. Think safety when mounting fuel cell! Protection of tank or cell by roll bars is strongly recommended.
3. Fuel line may go through driver’s compartment, but must be totally encased in a metal tube with no holes!
4. Tube must extend a minimum of 1″ inch through front and rear firewall away from driver.
5. A high volume mechanical pump allowed but must be mounted in stock location for chassis used. Electric fuel pumps allowed with oil pressure kill switch.
6. Cooling of fuel system is not allowed.
7. Only one line may supply fuel pump from fuel cell or tank.
8. Stock fuel tanks must be removed.
23. WHEELS AND TIRES
1. Wheels must be a maximum of 7″ wide. Only steel wheels are permitted. 2 piece wheels are not allowed. Bleeder valves are not allowed. Magnesium, aluminum, or slotted wheels are not allowed.
2. Must use Hoosier 790 tires, or DOT tire. No low profile tires or wheels permitted.
3. Chemical softening of tires is not allowed.
24. ROLL BARS
1. Steel roll bars are required, must pass inspection by the Tech Committee, and must include gussets.
2. Roll cage must be a minimum four (4) point cage with a minimum of three (3) horizontal bars on both the driver and passenger door or X on the passenger side. No butt welds unless bars are sleeved. All cage components must be 1 3/4″ O.D x .090 pipe, or 1 1/2″ O.D x .095 pipe (refer to diagram of roll cage).
3. All four (4) main upright bars must be fastened to floor of unit body with a minimum of 3/16″ thick pads on top and bottom of floor pan. All four (4) pads will be 4″ x 4″ with four 3/8″ bolts in each pad.
4. Front hoops allowed. A 2″ maximum round tube or l” square tube may pass through the front firewall.
5. Roll bars must be padded at any point where driver may come in contact with the cage.
6. Driver side door plates recommended. Personal protection addressed in General rules Fire Suit Gloves Helmet Fire sock Safety belts – 5 point
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official. The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final. This is a stock car class and every part must remain stock unless otherwise specified. (IMCA Stock Cars must follow AMR shock rule refer to rule 9 and weight rule refer to rule 19.)
1. SAFETY EQUIPMENT: - Rules apply at all times car is on track. Full face snell-rated SA2005 helmet or newer required. No motocross helmets allowed. Helmet may be deemed unusable by safety official if helmet’s structure has been compromised. - Roll bar padding required on all bars within reach of the driver. Recommended: Fire retardant padding. SFI-approved full fire suit required. Fire retardant gloves, shoes and neck brace (or head and neck restraint) required. Recommended: Fire retardant head sock and underwear, collapsible steering shaft. - Right and left seat head supports required if not using head and neck restraint system. - Driver-side window net required, minimum 16 inch by 20 inch ribbon or mesh style, and must be mounted to roll cage so latch is at top front of window. - Minimum three inch (two inch with head restraint system) wide SFI-approved five point safety belt assembly required, must be mounted securely to main roll cage. Recommended: Safety belts no more than two years old but no older than five years. - Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
2. FRAME: - Any American OEM full body rear wheel drive passenger car, 1964 or newer, full frame or unibody. Minimum 101 inch wheelbase, must remain within ½ inch of OEM wheelbase with a maximum one inch difference from side to side. Frame may not be altered. Frame must match body - GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Chrysler to Chrysler. Or prior approval through management. - Rear of frame behind rear tires, no further forward than one inch behind factory seam, may be replaced in OEM location with two inch by three inch steel tubing with 0.095 inch wall thickness. Factory seam must remain visible. - Uni-body cars must have 2x3" .120 wall minimum square tubing welded to and connecting front and rear frame sections with cage welded to tubing. (The floor may be channeled to allow tubing to be connected), OR 12 x 12 x 1/8" steel plates on top and beneath floor, bolted each corner through floor with 1/2" bolts, and top plates welded to four main roll cage posts.
3. ROLL CAGE: - Main cage must consist of continuous hoops, minimum 1.75 inch O.D. tubing, with a minimum wall thickness of 0.095 inch, low carbon or mild steel recommended. Four-post roll cage required, front down bars and rear hoop must be welded to OEM frame. - Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on. - Rear hoop must have “X” brace, consisting of one full horizontal and one full diagonal bar. Front down bars must be tied together; passenger side front down bars must be maximum 11 inches in from top of door. Minimum one cross bar in top halo. May have maximum two horizontal bars, (in addition to bar tying front frame horns together) for radiator protection; must be behind bumper, within confines of body, no wider than stock frame horns. - Required rear kickers (down bars) and engine hoop must be minimum 1.25 inch OD tubing, with 0.083 inch wall thickness. - Fuel cell protection required, must be mounted frame rail to frame rail, no higher than fuel cell, inside trunk area with maximum 1.75 inch OD tubing. - All bars must be inside body. Foot protection bar required.
4. DOOR BARS: - All door bars and uprights must be minimum 1.75 inch O.D. with 0.095 inch wall thickness. - Four door bars required on drivers side, parallel to ground, and perpendicular to driver. Minimum four uprights tied from frame to top door bar on driver side, and minimum of three door bars and three uprights on passenger side, top and bottom door bars must be parallel to the ground. It is highly recommended that four door bars and four uprights also be used on the passenger side. - Steel door plates, 18 gauge or 0.049 inch minimum thickness, must be securely welded to outside of door bars on driver’s side. Plate must cover area from top door bar to frame and from rear down post to five inches in front of seat. Must be visible for inspection.
5. BODY: - Must be an approved, unaltered OEM steel body and centered over wheel wells (front to rear and side to side). Body and engine make must match. - Sunroofs and T-tops must be enclosed with 22 gauge steel. - OEM or aftermarket plastic nose and tailpiece allowed (recommended to match body). Aftermarket Performance Bodies steel replacement panels are allowed. All body panels may be gutted, including fenders, doors, hood, roof, quarters and trunk, but must remain original size. Overlapping of body panels permitted. Hood and trunk may be fiberglass or aluminum but must remain stock appearing, all other panels may be replaced/repaired with OEM steel or with stock appearing min 22 gauge steel. Hood must be separate from fenders, in OEM location, with rear sealed off from driver compartment. Hood and trunk must use positive locking pins to secure them. - Approved aftermarket steel body will be supplied by Performance Bodies (part# PBO3*X01*). You may use the fiberglass hood option, all other panels just be 22 gauge steel. - All inner wheel wells may be removed. Trunk floor must be removed over rear end housing, entire trunk floor may be removed. - All windows must remain open. Maximum seven-inch metal sun visor may be added to top of windshield opening. To be reserved for class sponsor decal. - Wheel openings may be trimmed for tire clearance. - Rocker skirt/flare allowed between tires only, cannot extend outside tires. - Car number must be minimum four inches thick and 20 inches tall and clearly visible, on both sides, and roof. - May run a maximum height spoiler of 5”, may run side supports no higher than the spoiler in the rear and tapering no further forward than 15”. Spoiler may be made of lexan, steel, or aluminum. - Must run a total of 4 hood pins across the front of the hood with 2 hood pins securing the rear of the hood, or use of the rear hood hinges. - Body subject to tech approval.
6. DRIVER COMPARTMENT: - Minimum of three windshield bars in front of driver. - Aluminum high-back racing seat only, must be bolted in using minimum 0.375 inch bolts. Seat must remain inside all confines of roll cage. - Driver must be sealed off from track, driveline, engine and fuel cell. - Kick and rocker panels may be removed. - Front OEM firewall may be replaced using steel fabricated firewall, 18 gauge or minimum 0.049 inch thickness. Top of firewall can be no further back than 12 inches from the back of engine block, measured horizontally. Bottom of firewall can be no further back than rear of oval body mount frame hole. - Dash must not extend more than 24 inches back from top of firewall. Dash must be flat, rear can be no higher than front, except for cowl in front of driver. OEM floor pan may be replaced using steel fabricated floor pan, 18 gauge or minimum 0.049 inch thickness, securely welded to frame. - Floor pan may be replaced from front firewall to rear halo supports. Must remain flat/OEM appearing from frame rail to frame rail, can be no higher or lower than frame rail. Exception is maximum eight inch tall driveshaft tunnel. Tunnel must remain similar to OEM tunnel in size. - No cockpits, interior must remain open. Inner panel on outside of passenger door bars allowed, cannot connect to top of door. - Rear firewall may be aluminum or steel and may be located no further forward than rear halo supports. - All holes in firewalls must be covered with metal. - No driver-adjustable devices allowed while car is in competition except brake adjuster. - No mirrors.
7. FRONT SUSPENSION: - All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. - Spindles may be changed but must match make. GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc. - Rubber, nylon or steel lower A-frame bushings only - no offset or bearing type. - Aftermarket steel safety hubs allowed. - Exceptions are: Weight jacks allowed - must be in original centerline of spring tower; Tubular upper control arms allowed and upper A-Arm mounts may be relocated to accommodate alignment adjustments; OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed. - Shock location may be moved. - Tie rod adjusting sleeve may be replaced with swedge tube. Tie rod ends may be replaced with heim joints.
8. STEERING: - No rack and pinion. All components must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. - Exceptions are: bolt on spindle savers allowed, OEM steering column may be replaced with steel knuckles and steel steering shafts (collapsible recommended). - Quick release required - steering quickener and steering wheel may be aluminum.
9. SHOCKS: - Aftermarket steel shocks permitted. - Only 1 shock per wheel, no gas, no re-buildable, no re-valvable or no air shocks allowed. Shock must be able to be collapsed and remain collapsed without assistance. - Maximum new retail value of $80. - Shocks may be relocated. - Example of Approved Shocks PRO WB Series, Integra 4200 Series, and AFCO 10 Series. Contact the track with any questions.
10. SPRINGS: - Springs must be stock type and mounted in original location and can be adjustable. ie: weight jacks etc. - Shimming, cutting, or aftermarket racing springs allowed. - Minimum of 5" ID.
11. REAR SUSPENSION: - All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location, and match frame. - No independent rear suspension. - OEM rubber or nylon control arm bushings only, no offset or bearing type. - Leaf spring sliders allowed on rear mount only. - Exceptions are: Weight jacks allowed, coil springs may be moved –front to back, but center line of axle tube can be no further forward than the front of spring, or no further back than rear of spring, but spring must remain vertical left to right; shocks may be moved; lower axle brackets may be fabricated but must be similar to stock with a maximum of 5 holes for adjustments and a maximum 7.5 inches long. Upper control arm rear axle mount can be fabricated and may be adjustable if using a 3 link style rear suspension. Cars using factory rear 4 link suspension may not alter the chassis side mounts. - Lower spring perch must be welded to axle tube. - Upper control arm mounts on rear end must be level with each other. - Panhard bar is optional and must be a straight bar with a minimum length of 25”. - Upper link may be fabricated and converted to a 3 link utilizing ¾” threaded steel components, only stock type rubber bushings or biscuit will be allowed no spring loaded pull bars or multiple rubber biscuit style bars allowed. One rubber biscuit maximum and must be mounted at either end of upper link. Maximum upper link length cannot exceed the length of the lower control arms. - All rear suspension systems must be stock and in stock location unless otherwise specified.
12. REAR END: - Any steel approved OEM passenger car or truck non-cambered rear end (housing and carrier) allowed. - Aftermarket steel safety hubs allowed. - All components must be steel, exceptions are: lowering blocks, axle and U-joint caps, and drive flange may be aluminum. - Full steel spool, steel mini spool or welded rear end only. No gold tracs, posi trac, etc. - Solid steel axles only, no gun drilled axles allowed. - No quick change devices. - One piece drive flange only. - No torque-dividing differentials. - No scalloped or lightweight ring gears.
13. BUMPERS/RUB RAILS: - No sharp edges allowed on bumpers, rub rails or bolts. - Bumpers not covered by plastic nose or tailpiece must be capped to fender with steel, welded or bolted. - No bars past outside edge of body other than rub rails and must be tight to the body. - Aftermarket: Fabricated tubular bumpers allowed.
14. TIRES/WHEELS: ANY 15" tire. Wheel width 8” or 10”. Steel wheels only. - No chemical softening, conditioning, or grooving of tires. - Tires may be ground or siped within confines of tread (not past factory straight line). No re-caps. - Aluminum, composite or steel spacers only. - May use bead lock, on right rear only. External, steel bead lock only and it cannot make wheel any narrower than eight inches and no wider than 8.75 inches. Steel bolts only. - Foam type or plastic outer mud cover allowed on right side wheels. Inner mud cover allowed on left rear only. - No bleeder valves. - One inch O.D. steel lug nuts required, min. of a 5/8’s lug studs.
15. BRAKES: - Steel, unaltered OEM, or unaltered OEM replacement calipers only; Fully operational brakes on all four wheels, rear may be disk or drum brakes. - OEM dimensions for rotors and calipers, cannot be lightened. Rear may use a .810 thick rotor or larger. Front rotors may not be thinner than OEM rotors. - Bolt pattern may be changed. - Vented rotors only, no scalloped, cross drilled or ceramic coated rotors. - No floating brakes. - No brake shut-off or pressure sensitive devices. One front to rear proportioning device allowed. - Brake pressure cannot differ side to side. Must remain equal. - Brake lines must be visible and not damaged. Aftermarket pedal assembly allowed.
16. EXHAUST: - Round tube headers or cast manifolds allowed. - All primary header tubes must enter directly into one collector at same point at end of header. - Must remain dual exhaust, no crossover or “Y” pipes. - No exhaust through body panels or fenders. - All exhaust must go through mufflers, two per car, one per header. - Pan-evac system allowed. - No exhaust sensors, merge collectors, or balance tubes. - No cross-over or 180 degree headers allowed.
17. FUEL SYSTEM: - Stock gas tank must be removed and replaced with an SFI approved fuel cell recommended to hold 8 gallons minimum and 22 gallon maximum. - Fuel cell must be enclosed in a 22 gauge steel container. Container must be securely mounted behind the driver in the trunk area. - Must have all steel braided fuel lines or lines sealed in pipe or conduit, running under the floorboard. Fuel systems must be well protected from rupture and must have a check valve in the vent or vent hose & vented to outside of car. - Fuel cell shall be supported by three straps a minimum of 1" square tubing and secured by at least two straps lengthwise and two crosswise-all bolted to the frame. - 10" minimum ground clearance from cell to ground. - Fuel cell guard mandatory. CARBURETOR: -Unaltered Holley 4412 500 cfm two barrel OR four barrel (Choke horn and choke assembly may be removed). - If you run a factory sealed (GM or IMCA Seals) you may run any carburetor of your choice. - May replace jets, squirters, accelerator pump cam, accelerator pump, and power valves. All other parts must remain unaltered. - All float bowls must face forward. Carburetor adapter/ /spacer allowed, maximum height from intake plenum floor to carburetor mounting surface is 5”.
18. FUEL: - Gasoline only. Racing fuel allowed. - No performance enhancing or scented additives. - Fuel must pass both dielectric meter and chemical tests.
19. WEIGHT: - Minimum weight limit of 3,100 lbs before any race (qualifying, heat, AND main events) with driver in car. No tolerance. - It is the track official’s decision on whether to weigh before the race or after the race (accounting for fuel burn off only). - No weights and/or loose objects in driver compartment or outside body and must not be visible. - Weights must be securely mounted to frame or roll cage and painted white with car number. - Must be attached with at least two 1/2 inch bolts. - No tungsten, titanium, magnesium or carbon fiber products. - No gun-drilled, tubular, hollow bolts or studs. - Steel fasteners only.
20. BATTERY/STARTER: - One 12 volt battery only, must be securely mounted between frame rails, and positive terminal must be covered. - If mounted in driver’s compartment must be securely fastened in such fashion that it will remain mounted in case of an accident. If mounted inside driver’s compartment any “wet” cell batteries must be in an enclosed container. - Starter must bolt in OEM location. Car must have capability of starting without being pushed or pulled. Car must leave initial staging area on demand, unaided, or go to rear of that race. - Kill switch required within easy reach of driver and must be clearly marked ‘OFF’ and ‘ON’.
21. GAUGES/ELECTRONICS: - No unapproved cameras, transmitting or listening devices (exception is one-way RACEceiver radio by officials), timing retard controls, or digital gauges (including tach). - No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except memory recall analog tach. - No external spark amplifier boxes allowed (unless OEM). - All components must be out of reach of driver, but accessible for inspection. - No magnetos or crank triggers. - OEM type alternator with internal regulator allowed. - No electronic traction control devices.
22. TRANSMISSION/DRIVE SHAFT: - No lightening of internal parts. - OEM Manual Transmission: Unaltered OEM steel or cast iron three or four speed, must have all original gears in working condition and must be able to demonstrate during tech. Must be mounted in stock location. All standard transmissions must have a stock type flywheel, minimum 10" clutch plate and disc, no aluminum allowed. Balancing is permitted. Only standard magnetic steel production design flywheels permitted. Steel safety bell housing required. - OEM Automatic Transmissions: Must have all original gears in working condition and must be able to demonstrate during tech. May not alter the OEM shift pattern. Must use a minimum 10” OEM type fluid filled torque converter, OEM valve body and flexplate. May not be made to be push started, must have Park, Neutral, Reverse, and forward gear sequence. Must have approved scatter shield constructed of minimum 0.125 inch by three inch steel, 270 degrees around flexplate. (i.e. Speedway pt# 910-48327) - Drive shaft: Steel drive shaft (minimum 2.5 inch diameter) and slip-yokes only. Drive shaft must be painted white and labeled with your car number. Two 360-degree driveshaft safety loops required.
23. ENGINE COMPARTMENT: - Minimum engine height will be 12" measured from the front or rear center of the crankshaft to the ground. - No engine offset or set back allowed. - All engine mounts must be in stock location only and may be replaced with any type of mount. Rear mounts may be added. - Engine mount holes cannot be removed or altered on block. - Motor must match body make. GM to GM, Ford to Ford, etc. - Must run stock type belt driven mechanical water pump mounted in stock location. - Radiator must be mounted in front of engine. Cooling system may be modified. Overflow tubes must be directed to ground. No antifreeze allowed.
24. ENGINE OPTIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS: (A) OPEN MOTOR: - Any American make engine allowed. Maximum 365 cid. - Steel OEM production heads, and block only. OEM passenger vehicle production block only. - No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W blocks or other parts what so ever. - 11:1 maximum compression ratio. - OEM bore/stroke combinations only. - If using aftermarket crank shaft or connecting rods they must be OEM stroke and weight. - Flat top or dished pistons only. - Flat tappet cam only. Maximum of .500 valve lift. This will be checked at the valve. - Castings and fittings cannot be changed, no machine work on outside of engine. - OEM firing order cannot be changed (GM: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2). - ‘Wet’ sump oiling system only. - No lightweight harmonic balancer, SFI approved racing balancer recommended.
INTAKE: Any cast iron or aluminum intake allowed however the distance from the plenum floor to carburetor mounting surface cannot exceed 5”. May mill the top of the intake to accommodate 5” rule. - No porting or polishing allowed on the intake. - Cooling lines allowed. - No plastic intakes allowed. - No exotic or high end intakes allowed (subject to tech approval). - A Victor Jr. or Performer intakes are examples of the intent of this rule.
CYLINDER HEADS: -Steel heads only. Must be unaltered approved OEM and original. May use Stock Replacement World Products part number 043600 or stock replacement Vortec heads only if approved. - No GM Bowtie, Ford SVO or Chrysler W performance parts what so ever. - Any multi-angle valve job will be considered legal as long as no porting is involved. - Max valve diameter: 2.02 Intake and 1.60 exhaust allowed. - No Titanium parts. - No porting, polishing or unapproved alterations allowed to ANY cylinder head. - Guide plates, screw-in shouldered studs and polylocks allowed. - No stud girdles. - Any stud mount aluminum or steel rocker arms allowed. Roller rocker arms allowed. Any ratio but keeping in mind the maximum valve lift of .500, this will be checked at the valve
(B) CRATE ENGINE: -Must use unaltered sealed GM #88958602 or #19258602 crate engine. - Any carburetor may be used when using a sealed crate engine. - Upon inspection, any different, altered or missing GM seal bolts will result in disqualification, loss of all MCR points for the season, $1,000 fine and one year suspension from all divisions. - $250 fine for any crate engine not using required spacer, distributor, pushrods, valve springs or rocker arms.
27. EIRI: (Except in rare instances) Decisions of officials are final and binding without exception. In some cases, track safety rules may take precedence - any rule discrepancy should be brought to the attention of track management. AMR retains the right to change rules as it deems necessary. Build your car by the rules and be sure they are SAFE!
1. 2010 MODIFIED OR OLDER
2. 5000 RPM CHIP
3. NO QUICK CHANGE REAR-END
EVERYTHING ELSE GOES!